A Sci-Fi whiz's wargaming blog about cybertanks and mecha, amongst other things.
Saturday, 8 December 2012
Myomers for Real
The University of Texas at Dallas with some international
helps from researchers from Australia, China, South Korea, Canada and
Brazil. have come up with yarn that has been filled with wax that can be
made to contract and expand like muscles. Link here.
Progress, Or Something Like That
-
Having had a bad night last night, I am now wide awake. Time I should at
least make an attempt at sleeping. I've got a low key cold which isn't
helping. So...
Not Quite Beach Ready
-
Chris has moved on to D-Dayy with NQM, looking at the role of the
Northants Yeomanry.
Tuesday last week we had a first go at it. This is Sword beach. I ...
Devilry Afoot: Something wicked this way comes
-
To finish the month, another fabulous remote game hosted by Curt - the
fourth in our *Devilry Afoot *campaign set during the 30 years war.
Chronologicall...
Force on Force: FUBAR in Falafel!
-
With Phil away on his annual August holibobs, Andy and I like to sneak in
some games that don't appeal to Phil, and as I started looking at what we
playe...
Game Design #118: The Advantage and Melee
-
In my "haunted Forest/Medieval STALKER" world I've been investigating RPGs
for ideas (even since someone pointed out *Symbaroum* kinda covers what
I've ...
Rain, Work, and Bronko Nagurskimouse
-
About a month ago, I went down the basement to find my paint rack knocked
over onto my paint table and all of the things in various stages of build
and p...
The Miller's Tale - Episode 14
-
Episode 14, in which Mike gets to have a guest back again! Yes, it's James
Morris, back again to explain how Midgard Heroic Battles has been going,
what'...
Tokamak Oxford
-
Shrove Tuesday I was at Tokamak Energy. All bundled up because it was
freezing cold in Oxford. The whole machine is housed inside this huge
warehouse, wh...
Presenting ... Bob Moss
-
When I saw this Classic Treant from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted
Miniatures line by WizKids, I couldn't resist buying it. It looks like it
came strai...
Trouble on the Docks - Historicon 2025
-
A Western Alliance cargo ship is coming into the port of Edmundburgh, to
deliver supplies. Eastern Socialist Republic forces must attempt a
hit-and-run a...
Salute 2025
-
OK, it's two days late but here is my photo round-up of Salute 2025. You
can also take it as proof of life, given that I haven't posted here since
last ...
Warp Speed into 2025
-
The last year has been quite challenging. I suffered a stroke in November
2023 and have spent the last year or so in recovery. I'm not there yet, but
do...
When I started writing this blog back in the day, two odd years ago (and very odd years they have been indeed, channeling Charles Gray for...
Translate
GDPR
I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.
For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.
Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.
If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.
Cool!
ReplyDelete