Tuesday, 8 January 2019

Three Ape Suits WIP



Some progress to report in painting the Army Special Forces combat armour. I've managed to slap some paint on the three models I've made. All part and parcel of getting my painting mojo back, which goes hand-in-hand with my working on my writing.

My cunning plan is to get the two new models finished at the same time as I finish Espera's Ape suit, which I started some time ago. It helps motivate me to get half the Alpha detachment done together.
  

Tuesday, 1 January 2019

Newten Town WIP: Texture & Paint



After applying the filler and letting it dry overnight, which I showed in the previous post,  I then applied ground foam to the ground using diluted PVA glue, and again had to let everything dry out overnight.

Next I painted the roads with very dilute black, effectively a wash, and then I used a combination of dark earth, chestnut brown, and dark chocolate to paint the ground. Each was again diluted about 50:50 with water, and then I took these pictures before putting the boards away again to dry overnight.


My plan now is to block in the colours for the buildings.

So, with my first post of the year, let me finish by wishing everyone of my readers a prosperous new year.