This is the new viral thing called the Stylish Blogger Award, for blogs. The rules of the award are:
1: Thank and link back to the person giving you the award.
I was sent this virtual award by David Manley, so thank you for including me into this viral awards fest thing.2: Share seven things about yourself.
- Started wargaming age 12 at the original Southend Wargames Club, which became the South East Essex Military Society that use to host Present Arms, back in the days when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.
- I use to cycle to get there, and I remain a keen cyclist, enjoying cross country mountain biking.
- My first degree was in photography and film studies, as a result I've seen far more classic foreign films than most people have had hot dinners. As such it is always hard for me to name a favourite movie, as I have seen so many of them, but what I will say is that my favourites tend to be genre films of some sort.
- I enjoy listening to film sound tracks, favourite composers being Hans Zimmer, Basil Poledouris, Dave Arnold, Bear McCreary, Danny Elfman, Howard Shore, and James Horner.
- I've been writing reviews for magazines from a very tender age, early teens, and one of my big triumphs was getting a review of the 1st Edition Warhammer game into the original Miniature Wargames magasine.
- Wrote OHMU War Machine rules for TBA Games, which went bust.
- I am married, no children, but I do have a lovely Godson and his sister to spoil.
When I went through my list of blogs I came up with 25 blogs that I thought deserve some recognition, but only 15 of them will be mentioned here today. In no particular order:
Trebian's Wargaming for Grownups4: Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
Eponymous The Welsham Writes blog
Steven Satak's The Battletech Reader
Robin Filton 's Gruntz
The eponymous Mistress of Minis blog
Steve Blease's Bleaseworld
Mark Kinsey's Daddy's Little Men
Brian O'Leary's Irishserb's Miniatures Adventure
Donogh McCarthy's Land War in Asia
Dan Eastwood's Giant Battling Robots; http://giantbattlingrobots.blogspot.com
Ben Rome's One World at a Time
Reinwood's CBT Workbench
Sydney Roundwood's Roundwood's World
Jon Yuengling's Lebanon 1982
Dan Dunbar's Gunner's Wargaming