Thursday 11 June 2020

Takara 1/48th Burglary Dog



I scooped this Takara 1/48th Scale Burglary Dog ATM-09-DD off eBay this week. I've wanted one of these toys for a long while, but all the ones I'd seen for sale have been offered at a breath taking price.


So this particular version often goes for staggering sums of money, but I was very lucky, and acquired this one at a bargain price. Colour me very pleased.


As you can see, some assembly required, but this is simple enough: on par with IKEA furniture. Still it came as a bit of a shock, as I was expecting an assembled toy to play with.



Dream Pod 9 drew inspiration from the anime Armored Trooper VOTOMS show. A rough comparison reveals this model is about twice the height of the RAFM Heavy Gear models I've been converting.


When I've assembled this model, I'll take a picture with my RAFM conversions, so everyone can a better idea of how big these are. If they weren't so damn expensive they would make good mecha for 28mm wargames.

Hope to catch you all on the bounce.
  

4 comments:

  1. VOTOMS is a really great show and it would be awesome if someone started producing a miniatures line for it.
    Anyway a great find, have fun assembling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do FB there's a AT VOTOMS page which has hinted at a range of game miniatures being worked on.

      Now whether or not they come to market, that's another matter. There were also some metal VOTOMS from Japan, again for a game, but not readily available over here.

      Delete
  2. Cool! I like that it has interior detail on some sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I opened it up I was quite shocked as I expected an assembled toy, but this is pretty cool.

      If I were rich I would buy a bunch more, but I'm not, so that's not going to happen any time soon.

      Delete