Monday 8 June 2020

WIP: Carrying On Conversions

It has taken me a lot longer to complete the conversions than I would've imagined. I spent all of Saturday working on adding stowage to just three mech suit miniatures.

Sunday I had two writing assignments to finish, so today I spent some time fiddling with getting the next two miniatures further forward to being complete.

This time I knew it was going to take a bit of time to fabricate the parts I wanted to revise my command combat armor suit.

After gluing two pieces of brass together I stated filing them to shape, as can be seen in the picture at the top of the post.

Then I split then apart (easily done with superglued joints. As you can also see I've changed the hand on the arm so it's now pointing a finger.

Finally, I mounted the antennae on the shoulder, replicating the look of the VOTOMS Bloodsucker Dog here.

No wonder people like ready assembled miniatures.

In other modeling news, I got an order from GZG for more stowage (jerry cans, boxes etc.) and a bunch of Jon's robot figures.

In other secret news, now not so much of a secret, I have four more RAFM Heavy Gears in transit for the States with a big bag of parts, and a Matchbox HEMMT. Thanks to Jeff Racel for enabling this acquisition.

As always, stay safe, stay well, and catch you all on the bounce.

6 comments:

  1. Converting metal mini's is an ancient, esoteric art. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll take any compliment, but now I'm feeling ancient. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I like that you're adding stowage and making them a bit more realistic (insomuch that you can use the word with big combat robots!). I'm surprised you lightened your Rafm load as you had been looking for years for some. Were they repeats or are you decluttering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really lightening my collection, I offered a few duplicates if the guy contacted me. He hasn't so far, but who knows?

      Delete
  3. The stowage from GZG is great and perfect for the RAFM HG scale.

    ReplyDelete