Monday 11 February 2019

Newten Town WIP: Weathering

Anyway, after a lot of faffing I got around to working on Newten. All that's left to do now is put down some grass flock and it will be finished. Yeah, I know "all" is a very diminutive word to describe an indefinite amount of effort required. Like the word soon.

So when I say finished, what I mean is mostly finished, as I'll probably want to do some graffiti and add some clutter, like debris, but mostly finished. I'll keep telling myself that, it's good for the morale of the troops. Ha!

And here's a birds eye view. See what I mean about needing some more clutter?

19 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I've got a few Fieldworks buildings myself

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know what I'm going to say, let's see some. ;-)

      Delete
    2. ill sort the pictures out shortly

      Take care

      Andy

      Delete
    3. I have a lot of Fieldworks, sadly the company is no more!

      Delete
    4. Fieldworks are available here https://thesceneuk.com/

      Take care

      Andy

      Delete
  2. You've done a fantastic weathering job, look superb and atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Most appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Looks good. I wish my terrain came out that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's fine, I'm just have less options to play so spend more time doing stuff like this.

      Delete
  5. Your faffing about is alot more productive than mine. I hope to see it flocked and put into action soon with a battle report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the new HGB rules WIP I may even run a game to test out the revisions.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to it. I'm curious to hear about what (if any) changes they've made to EW and orders.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Stunned by the number of comments that have appeared.

    Thank you one and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because it looks so good people just want to comment

      Take care

      Andy

      Delete
    2. That's so kind of you to say so.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done, a good balance between texture, degradation and spacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to say by design, but the process is more like trial and error, though I would own up to the experience of making terrain over the years as being a big factor in getting the end results I want.

      Delete