|I had planned on doing a late May the Fourth post last week but...|
I meant to post a piece last week but on Friday I started having problems saving off some pictures I had processed and was unable to compile the image stack. So, it wasn't until Saturday morning, after leaving said images to be processed on the computer overnight that I realized what the problem was. I'd run out of space on my hard drive, which given I have 500GBs came as a bit of a shock.
However, the problem was that I had been saving images off onto my smaller partition, which I keep for my work, rather than the random stuff I decide to download off the net.
Given that each RAW file is approximately 16 MBs and each process TIFF file is 48MBs, and a stack consists of 25 images you can see how a partition might fill up. I also realized that saving off the process TIFF images was taking up too much storage space. So Sunday I spent the majority of the day reorganizing my hard drive, deleting extraneous TIFF files and doing a complete new back-up of my system.
Normal service will now be resumed.