I've been a bit distracted with other stuff over the last week. First off I was spending time with my partner who was using up their annual leave allocation. So we went shopping, ate out and hung out with each other, which has been very nice. I also managed to sprain my wrist, which is still very painful, and it has also slowed me down a bit.
However, here is an update on the progress I've made in reshaping a standard Mark 5 Ogre into a Huscarl, with nods to the original Martian Metals sculpt.
here. I cut-off the anti-personnel mounts before doing the all this, and when I'm ready I will glue them back on in their new position.
And a shot from the rear that I think emphasizes the angles of the side-armour better than the shot from the front. The next step is to work on the rear missile bins by making them into something approximating the half-round casings on the Martian Metals model. Everything is still looking a bit rough at this point, but it will all come together as I refine the surface finish using fine grade files.