This is an update to my entry that I posted back in September last year. It has taken this long for me to get around to starting painting again. This is partly down to being too immersed in my writing, and partially down to inertia, since I find that when I get out of the habit of doing something I find it hard to start up again.
Anyway, after last weekends demo games at Dragonmeet I felt inspired to start cracking on the above models and get the basic camouflage scheme down. They are now ready for weathering and then finishing off. Once I start that I will then move on to the next tray of unpainted Combine miniatures that I have put out to be worked on.
On Friday Roger came around and we played a couple of games of Ogre, which was really nice. The first game was a basic Mark 3 attack, which he won. The second game we played the two Mark 3s attacking with more defenders, which I won. I played the Ogre both time, and I feel I'm actually a better defender than I am an Attacking Ogre player. I suppose this is down to preferring not to have all my eggs in one basket. Next time I play Roger I can ramp up the pressure on him by getting him to play with two less units as I did when I played the demo games last weekend, as I now think he has a good understanding of the subtleties of the game.
Hopefully, I will be able to show something next week. Have a nice time, and I'll catch you all on the bounce.