Saturday 19 November 2011

Shiny, Shiny, Shiny Model Miniatures

 

Okay it doesn't quite scan to the Lou Reed original, but what do you expect from someone who has virtually no musical talent?  I was going to to do a review of Warfare at Reading, forgot to take my camera with me, and I suck!  The above picture is about five times larger than the real thing.  This is a recent eBay purchase and I'm planning on using this for the Mummerset campaign, which we are playing tomorrow in fact.

Bought some of the new 10mm Fieldworks miniatures buildings that I talked about seeing at the Newbury show. Also bought a Char 2C from Pendraken. They only had the one when I arrived and it was soon mine after the exchange of folding money.

Have to say that I really enjoyed the show, again mostly because I get meet old friends and make new ones.  A good chin wag about stuff always lightens one spirit.  Met Martin B., at the show who was down from Manchester with a friend.  Xmas came early for Martin as I gave him my 15mm buildings that I've shown on this blog to him.

I made the decision some time ago that while I have a lot of 15mm figures, I can live with using them with 10mm buildings.  This saves me the bother of having to have two lots of terrain for games.  This is a big factor here at the Paint it Pink HQ, as I live in what most would describe as a shoebox.  Okay, it's a very nice shoebox, after all it's my home and I've lived here for 13 years, which is longer than anywhere else I have lived in my life.

So, shiny new toys...

More updates in due course.  As always, thank you all very much for taking the time, and having the interest in reading my blog and idle musings.
   

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the Flapjack. Crazy thing was, the engines were reciprocating.

    and your post reminds me: 'Shiny, shiny, bad times behind me, shiny shiny sha-na-na-na'

    ah, the '80s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiney shiney shoes was a Frank Zappa reference...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't start paying attention to music until the 1980s. No Zappa for me (and no Alice Cooper or Iggy Pop, either).

    ReplyDelete