Saturday 13 December 2014

Vis Lardica 2014 TFL Painting Challenge Entry

  
These are the core of my North American Combine conventional force the 2nd Heavy Armor Brigade Combat Team.

Here are a couple of pictures of all the Ogre/GEV miniatures I managed to paint this year, which I submitted to the Vis Lardica painting challenge.  No doubt by the time you check out the link Robert will have posted them up and scored them for me (he has, I got 354 points).

I've been working on the ORBAT of my North American Combine force, which will be based on the contemporary US Army Brigade Combat Team organization.  I plan to post a piece on this once I have the photos of all the units done.  This may take some time.  Still I can enter them in next years painting contest, which will be good.

Some extra howitzers, because what's not to like about howitzers really?

Previously seen on the blog the reinforcements for my French Pan European force.  I'm still left with a shed load of miniatures to paint to finish what I'm now calling the 7ème Brigade Blindée, which again is based on contemporary French Army practice.  I had a lot of fun researching both these and the American ORBAT's and I'm compiling the photos for a blog entry on these too.


Part of my 7ème Brigade Blindée force arrayed in all its glory.

In addition, all the work I've done will go into both an article for Miniature Wargames & Battlegames magazine as supporting material for my Escalation scenario with ideas to make a ladder campaign with force morale rules too.


Finally finished after years of neglect my Mark 2S Ogre, which I originally started sculpting because Steve Jackson Games didn't do a Ninja.

And a before I finished picture for comparison.
  

5 comments:

  1. Excellent work, love the paintjobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Lots of people like the green Pan European force in particular, but obviously I'm fond of both, and more importantly they serve to distinguish both side form one another, which at the end of the day is important when playing wargames using 6mm miniatures.

      Delete
  2. That 7ème Brigade Blindée force is excellent - I really like the distinctive paint scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - would something like this align with your OGRE Mk IIS?

    OGRE Mk IIS
    Cost: 71.3 VPs / 12 AUs
    Load: 71
    Year: 2073
    Ram: 2 dice
    Size class: 7

    2 Ext. Missiles Atk 6 Rng 5 Def 3 oo
    1 Main Battery Atk 4 Rng 3 Def 4 o
    2 Secondary Battery Atk 3 Rng 2 Def 3 oo
    8 Antipersonnel Atk 1 Rng 1 Def 1 oooo oooo
    30 tread units. Move starts at 3
    ooooo ooooo 2
    ooooo ooooo 1
    ooooo ooooo 0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good to me. I assume you're using the Cobb formulas?

      Delete