Tuesday 5 March 2024

Desert Oasis and Ruins

Ta da... three oasis bases completed. Look at the reflections on the acrylic liquid water. Pretty pleased with how these bits of terrain turned out.

Below the fallen pillar.

The ruined head of some ancient god. Could pass as a very stylized Anubis or Khnum I guess. Let me know what you think?


And, the next project. The bases for my forest/jungle. 

The one in the center/bottom has had its edges beveled, which I should've done before painting. However, it was only after assembling them and priming did I realize that I needed to do so.

As they say, things are obvious in hindsight.

9 comments:

  1. The water effect is great Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I poured to layers of Woodland Scenics product called 'Realistic Water' to achieve this effect, with a wash over parts of the first layer to add depth.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    These look really nice - the water effect is lovely. Please tell me you were not working on these at midnight…. :-)

    (Drops mic, exits stage…..)

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't. The time tag must be an artifact of the internet.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, that's some nice terrain.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A note to the spammer DB who posted. about loans from Pedro.

    Not today spammer.

    Not on my watch.

    ReplyDelete