Tuesday 8 February 2022

OMWB: Scaling the Mountain of Lead

These ABC Warriors have sat in the lead pile for more years than I care to remember. And it has to be said that sat around in primer for nearly three years too. Okay, let me put that into perspective for the younger followers who may be reading my blog.

My guess these were bought circa 1988.

Unpainted figures in the lead mountain lie. Given enough time, may even appear in a game or two.

So I've laid down the first coat of green with some wash to increase the depth of the shadows, and next is the mid-tones and highlight shades. After that, I'll add some red to make them pop.

And, my Martian Metals K'Kree that have also sat around after being primed waiting for me to notice them too.

As I've said before, these K'Kree are rarer than rocking horse shit. I picked them up circa 1984 on a trip to Toronto from a store on Yonge  Street. Along with my Zhodani marines that I posted here, which can be found in the side-bar under Martian Metals.

It has only taken me four years from noticing that they needed to be cleaned, then another year until primed before they finally wandered onto my paint table. Slow is steady, I guess!?

2 comments:

  1. I've had two of those ABC warriors in my lead pile for a couple of decades and never realised what they were. Do you recall who the original manufacturer was? I've been rebooting some of my 15mm to support playing Five Parsecs From Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best guess is probably very early SF robots from Citadel.

      Delete