Thursday 24 February 2022

WIP: Robots Rally!


I got my set of Robot Rally circa 2002. Still haven't played a game either, so these miniatures that come with the game have sat on the lead mountain for eighteen years.

Ironically, I managed to paint the robots below below a friends as a Xmas present in 2004.

So, I'm painting my set in a different combination of colours, because why not? And, who wants to be boring and paint an identical set again? Not I. Which, also probably explains why I'm so terrible at painting armies.

Anyway, all the colours of the rainbow still seems to me to be the right choice for fun, happy robot rally mayhem. So here they are with the base coat laid down.

 
I mounted mine on British pennies for weight and for ease of transport as they can be secured with a magnetic sheet in a box. Pro tip right there. But interestingly, for definitions of interesting that may vary, you can see that the moulded round bases aren't.


So, these are a work in progress. Something light and fluffy, painted for fun.

2 comments:

  1. Coming along nicely, Ashley!

    You have to respect the Old School Lace Wars and Napoleonic guys ... all those ranks of lace cuffs, cross straps and buttons!!!

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, all that work and no tanks either. ;-)

      Delete