Saturday 11 September 2021

Shiny from Khurasan

Huntarr Zenegg IFV and Sseventur AFV

I saw the above Khurasan models, while browsing the Facebook 15mm group, and I thought they were awesome. They arrived and the resin castings are stunningly good. Someone might now say, "Ashley, I thought you were against anti-gravity vehicles in your games?"

Even though I'm not a big fan of anti-gravity tanks, because the science nerd in me equate anti-gravity with perpetual motion machines (courtesy of Isaac Asimov), but advance repulsors that don't break the way the universe works are another matter (courtesy of Sabine Hossenfelder and Isaac Arthur).

Besides, Arthur C. Clarke pointed out that the existence of technology that is currently beyond our ability is always a possibility. Repulsor fields certainly fit in the Clarketech paradigm. 

And they're shiny. Must have the shiny.

I also ordered a bunch of 15mm figures too, which I will get around to sorting out pictures of at some point, as follows:

Five Corsair Battlesuits, which are a bit smaller than I thought they'd be, but that's better than being too large.

A pair of Downed Flyer or Mecha Pilots/Operators because, well just because.

Two Toyota Land Cruisers, with a ZSU-23-2 to add-on one Technical, for my insurgent force.

On top of that, I got a bunch of Tah-sig and Stikk aliens. An assortment of each, enough to assemble a platoon with support elements.

Yes, aliens. Because, aliens are a thing in the Gate Walker universe. I just haven't written the stories featuring the dangerous ones.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new acquisition. I've be a detached fan of their tank designs for a while (never bought any or seen them in person hence the detached moniker) so I'm glad to see you incorporate them. I'm curious to see if you'll assemble them as is or convert them as you do the gears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given it any thought... yet!

      It seems you know me all too well. I imagine there might be some additions. Can't really repose a vehicle as such.

      I do you a paint scheme in mind.

      Delete
  2. I have always thought that anti-gravity is incompatible with a clockwork turret grinding round on a cogwheel. An "S" type tank would make much more sense, where the whole tank swoops and spins into line, then fires a "something" along the axis of the vehicle.

    However, none of the aforementioned should stop us enjoying the spectacle of an anti-grav tank smashing through a factory wall, then hovering evilly as the turret slowly comes round to bear on the target :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree, if only because I don't think there's such a thing as anti-gravity, but whatever floats your tank. ;-

      OTOH, repulsors (thrust projection by other means) based on some sort of 'Clarketech' are, according to physicists, not beyond what we understand of how the universe works. But of course, terms and conditions apply. Plus a big bag of salt.

      Delete