Monday 3 May 2021

WIP: Insurgent Platoon

I've been busy working on the rules! Got a whole bunch of words written last week. I'm deep into the infantry construction process, which at points was doing my head in as I noodled different ideas and running numbers.

Edit: to add a close-up of my insurgents. 

I finished sculpting the seats for the Gunstriders. These are my idea for near future equivalent to Technicals.  Highly improvised walking platforms converted from Nakamura Robotics product; The Oshiguruma SDR: Search and Delivery Robot.

Slow going because it seems to take forever and a day for Kneadite or Milliput to harden.

So I've spent more time making other odds and ends, and stuff, as one does. In this case making a couple of tracked drones. One for my insurgents to use. The other a robotic fork-lift truck.

Here's another thing I made. A Jump-Off point for the rules, which will mark where troops can come onto the table.

An idea from Chain-of-Command that adds something to playing wargames that can be difficult to achieve: hidden movement, ambushes, and reserves.

And, whilst rebuilding my Toyota Technical I showed previously,  I found myself cutting apart another RAFM Gear, which was a surprise as I hadn't intended to start another conversion until I finished rebuilding the open cockpit crane mech.

So much for discipline.

That's all for now. Catch you all later.

10 comments:

  1. I really like your Gunstriders!

    Can I ask what the main thrust of the game is? Like, it's obviously not like X-Wing where the play is mostly choosing the right maneuvers; and (if I remember your tastes right) it'll be less in love with stacking and manipulating modifiers than BattleTech is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're right. How did you get to know me so well!? ;-)

      Good question too. Not trying to avoid answering it, but the answer is it's evolving. I keep having ideas. Wouldn't it be cool if I do this moments.

      So it's going to be different. I'm bored with SF wargames that are WW2 in Space! Or WW2 in the Future! So command and control in a future where the world is an internet of things.

      Delete
    2. ;-)

      Cheers to new ideas!

      Delete
  2. You obviously had a lot of fun putting these together, the casualty marker with the treads marks over a fallen trooper is hilarious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Dark, but it scratches my funny bone.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers.

      Are you starting to feel the love? ;-)

      Delete
    2. I like how the pilots are balanced on back with a 50 cal style weapon in front of them.

      Delete
  4. The gunstriders look great! Nice work even if they aren't HIMBOs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Highly Improvised Walking Platforms HIWP catches the feel of HIMBO and I may well use it for the Russian versions, given that these ones are a nod to Japanese Toyota Company Hiluxs.

      Delete