Wednesday 10 February 2021

OMWB: Conversion and Repose

While letting the putty on the other conversion cure, I've been working on the next conversion, a new build. Above is a Hunter I've cut apart to repose.

As I got a bit further along, I realized that the way I had parted the hips, to try and save some detail on the right leg wasn't going to work. Not because of the angle of the cut or anything, but because the leg casting I had chosen to use is one of two variants, and the angle of the legs was better on the other variant

Doh!

 

Given I have more legs spare than parts that be assembled into complete models, it seemed easier to start again.Given the model will be standing on one leg, I drilled right the way through the legs so that I could have a substantial brass rod to keep the whole assembly solid.

I then used the running Jager from the Azure Devils pack to guide the bending of the brass rod my repose. 

And as you can see things are looking promising. I actually have to bend the other rod quite a bit more than I thought I would need to to get the pose right.

Here it is balanced in place to check out the pose looked good.

Time to get the Kneadite and Milliput out. I find Kneadite is not as easy to file as Milliput, but Milliput can be a bit harder to sculpt with. So I mix about two thirds Kneadite to one third Milliput together.

The mix results in a less sticky putty, which can be easily shaped, and when cured can be filed.

So, on that note, it's onward to work on the my other combat armor conversion.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great to me.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming along. Today I've been making small press molds to cast replacement parts or detail bits that I can replicate to replace lost detail where the casting is a bit wonky.

      In the process of doing that I also made up molds for replacement aerials for the heads, which will save me an awful lot of faff fabrication them individually.

      Anyway, thanks for leaving a comment, and glad you enjoy what I show here.

      Delete