Sunday 9 February 2020

WIP: Tachikoma's New Dog

This is a conversion of the old RAFM Heavy Gear Mamba into a Marine Corp Dog: CASE-2XC-Mod-2E: Combat Armor Suit Environment Dash Mark 2 eXtreme Command, with Dash Model 2 Extended back pack.

Taking this picture as a work in progress, reveals the barrel is easily bent, so I shall replace it with one made out of tube. Also, I need to add the command variant aerial, and an ammo feed for the top gun, which I'll probably lower the bracket a tad, as it sits too high.

This model was inspired inspired by the two Scopedog variants below (the Burglary Dog and Reeman's command Dog).

So another homage to VOTOMS, my favourite anime show, taking the best bits from my favourite looking variants.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! That's got to be a bear to store and transport without breaking. I suppose it being Rafm scale and therefore bigger helps somewhat with stability. Do you pin the parts if possible? That's something that I wish I had done with mine. And, yes, the scopedogs are definitely mech classics! I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to find any free 3d models of them (as well as anything quality HG). I have succeeded though just yesterday in getting some 3d models out of the aborted HGA pc game so I'll be previewing them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All pinned, but the gun is detachable, but transport will be a bit of bear.

      Are you aware of the VOTOMS FB page? (https://tinyurl.com/v5ghzxn)

      There's a game afoot with miniatures in the planning stage.

      Delete
  2. That's great and very dynamically posed model:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I actually disassembled it and cut one leg at the knee to up pose.

      Delete