Monday, 27 March 2023

OMWB: Kneeling Conversion Progress

While drilling out the above, to add magnets, I had an oopsie moment. The drill bit in my Dremel bit into the metal resulting in a RUD event (Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly), which will teach me, I guess? 

The pieces flew every which way.

As you can see, I glued the magnet in the center bottom section, mostly because it was something to do in between hunting wide and low for the parts that flew off at a rate of knots.

Eventually I found the other missing parts. Rather than reassembling everything back together I thought it would be easier to repair, and then reassemble.

So, I fixed the left leg to the base, and the right to a piece of wood to make it easier to handle. Then I started re-sculpting the damaged castings. I have a lot of work left to do.

And, now I've run out of magnets, doh! 

It never rains but it pours. My stupid fault, I miscounted the ones I had because I didn't check the sizes. I have a selection of heights and widths (3x5mm, 4x4mm, and 4x7mm), and mistook the 3x5s for 4x7s for some insane reason.

That's all for now. Catch you all on the bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment