Tuesday 26 April 2022

OMWB: WIP Progress Running CASE-2XC-Mod-2


Work on this project is progressing slowly. The conversion has generated a few surprising challenges.

The first problem being from reversing the orientation of the backpack. I chose to have my mecha backpacks to have the engine cylinders facing down, because my feeling is it's better to lower the center of gravity.

This meant I have to add the butt plate to the lower body.

This required some radical surgery and sculpting to fill the holes from the supporting rods, and the gap created from angling the butt plate.

I've now got to make the weapons to mount on the backpack, and attach an autocannon to the right arm before I can begin applying paint.

4 comments:

  1. Having the backpack upside down indeed looks more sensible to me. I like your support mechanism, you can fiddle around and see what looks best before glueing it this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I'm glad you like the conversions.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, Ashley. The extra faff will be worth it in the end :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris. I muse that at this point in time I seem to be more focused on the military modeling side of the hobby than the playing game side. I do miss playing the games, and plan to get back into that side more next year.

      Delete