Monday 7 March 2022

OMWB: Running CASE-2XC-Mod-1/2

Above is the start of assembling my running RAFM Jager from the the Azure Devils set. I base my CASE-2X Dogs conversions on these models as they're just the right size to go with 15mm infantry. This model inspired me to repose a standing Hunter into the running CAS-3-Mod-1 Ape: the model I recently painted

The boxes within the pictures shows that the flexed knee was miscast.

Therefore, the first thing I needed to do was fix it. I started to sculpt a knee, but it didn't look quite right. Fortunately, I have spare Jager legs to that I could get a replacement knee.

Once that was corrected, I drilled out leg and torso castings so I could magnetize the model.

And here's a shot of where I've gotten to.

So, this post shows that this conversion is very much still a work in progress, which has taken far longer to get to this stage than I first thought.

10 comments:

  1. I keep coming back for the macro shots ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great running motion! Looks very dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one thing that the old RAFM only did well on a few of their sculpts.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this model to make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have a goal, but how I get there is a journey. I let my creative impulse to take me somewhere interesting; as in the design evolves as I work with the materials.

      Delete
  4. Wow - a great conversion Ashley. Regardless of being a WIP, your care and attention to detail is fab and the dynamic pose will be worth all the trouble. Not many would go to such trouble. Cant wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS While I am absolutely NOT a 3D modeller and graphic designer, I did acquire a 3D resin printer recently. If you can locate the files of bits and components that would assist your project, I am very happy to help out where I can.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for both the praise and the offer, but Susan (she who is the most wonderful woman in the whole wide world) bought a resin printer via KickStarter for her work, and so that I could print miniatures.

      She loves me; I love her, she's awesome.

      Delete
    3. Fabulous - my girl bought me mine too :-)

      Delete