I started painting my Buster and during the process I checked the fit of the arm with the rotary cannon and... you guessed, it now fouled with with the backpack engines. Doh!
So I pulled the backpack off the torso, and in the process of doing so chipped some of the paint off.
Hence the title, buggeration.
Engine cylinders blocking the arm from depressing.
Fixing this required remodeling, and so I'm back to square one; only to discover that the missile pack would no longer fit after repositioning the engine cylinders.
More gritting of teeth ensued.
tried hanging the missile pack off the roll bar, but my first attempt
broke, as the part was load bearing. So I thought things through and
made a replacement that wouldn't break.
|A montage of the parts modification process.|
And here we are, back at square one.
I know. There, there. How sad. Never mind.
Fingers crossed everythign goes well from here on. The setbacks with trying new techniques has some bright spots, in that I've learnt a hell of a lot about painting glazes, and what I have to do to achieve a finish that resists wear and tear.
So now it's back to painting. Catch you all on the bounce.