Friday 9 September 2016

Newten Town Phase 3

Tally-Ho! chaps here's the first aerial recon shot of my next project Operation Blitz...

Back in the real world, I have made eight town boards for wargaming on.  This is not enough to make up a three-by-three area to play on, and arguably I want a minimum of twelve boards to make up a four-by-three area, which would pretty much fill my dining table.

It would be good to have a choice about what boards to use or swap out to make more scenarios too.  Hence six more board for my Newten Town project. Hence Phase 3.

I've had these hanging around for a while gathering dust and thought it's time to get on with finishing them.  After all they won't paint themselves.  I'm doing dribs and drabs as the mood takes me, but with my Heavy Gear KickStarter models arriving in the foreseeable future I really need to get my act together.

So much to do, so little time to do it in.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's alot of custom terrain...nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it nearly double the amount of town boards I have, and given how long those took me to finish this is a long haul project.

      Delete
  2. I like how some boards have roads along their edges and some don't. I've only considered going all one way or all the other before, whereas mixing them like you did changes the kinds of configurations you can have. That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that idea out from having the done the previous eight boards and wanting to be able to add more variety to the configuration of the roads. We shall see in due course whether my cunning plan works.

      Delete