Susan took me to a physics conference in Japan, where she was presenting a paper, afterwards we traveled around the country. We had a fab time, and we both came back with goodies. We were lucky to find a bunch of stuff in Tokyo.
Most of our stash of goodies are in per the picture above, except for a couple of 1/60th scale Zwerg kits I picked up too. They were cheaper than the 1/48th toy Zwergs I found.
Susan picked up a Dirty Pair Yuri figurine, and a 1/24th Brutishdog, piloted by Fiyana a character from Armored Trooper VOTOMS.
I found a lot of other tempting items, but not being made of money, and not wanting to expand into other sizes of Scopedogs, I passed on this tempting bad boy.
However, I found a 1/12th scale Strong Bacchus Scopedog at a price that was a steal, which turned out to be so because it had a broken ankle, but I can fix that.
![]() |
| Here with my old secondhand Scopedog I acquired years ago. |
I also picked up a couple of T-shirts along the way too.
That's all for now. Catch you on the bounce.







Very cool, I am going to Japan soon too and I am looking forward to browsing the hobby shops. Not sure what I will buy, if anything much, though.
ReplyDeleteGunpla Stores in Akihabara
DeleteTamTam Akihabara: Sakai Suehiro Building, 6-14-2 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, 4th floor.
Hobbyland Akihabara: 7-14, Sotokanda 3-Chōme, Chiyoda, 2nd floor.
Otachu: 1-15-9, Ichigo Akihabara Station Front Building, Chiyoda-ku Sotokanda, 7th floor.
Surugaya Plastic Model: Kyoekisotokanda 1st Bldg., 4-4-2, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, 2nd & 3rd floors.
Yellow Submarine (mainly modelling tools): Radio Kaikan, 1-15-16 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, 6th floor.
New kits at Volks hobby paradise: 4 Chome-2-10 Sotokanda, Chiyoda City, , Floors 1 to 7.
Then go to Nakano - and enter the Nakano Broadway Mall https://nakano-broadway.com/
There are multiple shops called Mandarake: these are second hand shops, several of them specialize in giant robots and older series.
Also, Votoms kits are now on full display at the Yodobashi Camera Shinjuku West Exit Main Store "Game Building, 2nd floor.
oh my goodness, looks like hobby heaven! glad you had such a fun time😎
ReplyDeleteIt was, and it was also a bit overwhelming with so much to see.
Delete