Monday 23 October 2017

Third World Future Tank



These models are from the Takara micro-tank range.  They're a 1/144th scale Russian T95s, more properly called Object 195, because it never reached production status, as it was cancelled in 2010 due to budget problems.

Given that Russian tanks have a look to them, my idea was to use this model as the basis for a near future Third World tank, if only because it's an easy way of plonking something down on the table for a game.

Of course saying that means I'll probably want to customize these a bit, to jazz them up and make them look more futuristic.  Haven't decided what this will entail yet, but you know me, when I do I will post pictures.
  

10 comments:

  1. Lots of stuff hanging on the outside is traditional for relatively low-tech forces that weren't able to buy just the capabilities they wanted. And no two the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking ad hoc ERA packs on the skirts.

      Delete
  2. I think you could just add a missile pack to it and that would jazz it up rather nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of the above ideas. When I think third world tank, I think "old and run down" (so maybe remove a couple of skirt pieces) and I think "used beyond original specification" (so 101 strapped on items). Tank riders would probably also be good, but might make them a bit too force focused.

    Also, what constitutes third-world in the future might change too... something to think about when it comes to markings and the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see I shall be needing to do a Google search on third world armies, because you're right.

      And as you say, what defines third world might well change in the future.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful models, they already have a futuristic character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they, which is why I snapped them up. They have that retro-future, zeerust (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Zeerust) look to them.

      Delete
  5. A really good idea. They should fir in nicely.

    ReplyDelete